June 10, 2020
Dear Community Partners (Bigs, Littles, Parents/Guardians and Collaborators),
Thank you for standing by our Matches, especially our Littles during the global on-set of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). As we see the state continuing to loosen restrictions, we have made the determination that Community Based and School/Site Based Plus matches can meet in person starting on Monday, June 15 with the following conditions:
- Parent/Guardian must be comfortable and approve the Little to meet with the Big.
- Bigs must also be comfortable with meeting during this time.
- Big and Little MUST wear a face mask at all times, unless:
- If the match is at a restaurant to share a meal.
- Engaging in an outside activity and maintaining 6-8 feet apart.
- Transportation requires Littles to ride in the backseat on the passenger side (with a mask) regardless of age during a match meeting/activity.
- We also encourage frequent handwashing or having hand sanitizer on hand during the visit.
- If the match is intending to visit at the home of the Big, we ask that Bigs do their due diligence in sanitizing all spaces Littles could come in contact.
We have acquired a limited supply of face masks for any Little who does not have access to a face mask for the purpose of meeting with their Big. Please contact your Match Support Specialist in advance to make arrangements for mask pick up or mailing a mask to Littles, with at least 2 days in advance of the match outing to ensure delivery.
For any Big that has been financially impacted by COVID-19, please reach out to your Match Support Specialist with ideas or opportunities to support 1 outing for you and your little at little to no-cost.
BBBSNEIA will continue to implement visitor and vendor policy to protect both our staff and partners. We are accepting visitors by appointment only and when feasible, meetings will be held via phone or video platforms. Visitors are required to wear a mask for any in person appointments with BBBS staff, whether in our office or in off-site locations.
We appreciate all of our partners for your understanding during this time. We hope that together we can greatly reduce the impact of COVID-19 in our service area in the following counties: Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan, Butler, Chickasaw, Fayette and Floyd.
Be safe and well.
Yolanda R. Williams